Photobucket Capital Regiment Homepage
The Official Capital Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:30:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Store Classifieds Gallery Links Capital Regiment Website Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hello Everybody

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Everybody  (Read 2664 times)
brassman888
Rookie

Awards 0

« on: February 07, 2008, 10:24:19 am »

Hi Everybody this Jake Drissell from St. Louis.  Just wanted to see how everybody is doing.  It is pretty boring here in St. Louis. 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jonathan Surratt
DCI Class of 2005

Awards 0

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 05:57:43 pm »

Hey Jake, I'm glad to see you on here.  Happy to see everything is going great for you.  I'm doing good here just really busy.  Hope to hear from you soon and glad to see you helping by starting up some new post here on the Forums.

Jon Surratt
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:35:40 pm by Jonathan Surratt » Report Spam   Logged

Jon Surratt a.k.a. Big Tall
Member 04-05
Age Out 05
Tour Assistant 06
Diana Teran
CR Volunteer

Awards 0

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 06:57:56 pm »

Hey Jake,

It's nice to hear from you.  What are you doing these days?  How is your knee (I think) doing?  I'm still helping Capital Regiment at its fundraiser.

Diana Teran
volunteer
Report Spam   Logged

Diana Teran
Capital Regiment Volunteer
2002 - present
Free Sig Smiley Courtesy of [url=http://www.FreeSmileys.org
brassman888
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 02:49:03 pm »

I am doing good.  My hip is doing much better.  I currently work for a before and after school program, while I look for a band director position to open up here in St. Louis.  I miss Capital Regiment and all those involved.  It is crazy not having that part of my life still around.  How are things with you?
Report Spam   Logged
Diana Teran
CR Volunteer

Awards 0

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 09:03:39 am »

Jake,

I,m doing fine.  I drive to Columbus twice a week and help with the fundraiser for Capital Regiment. If you ever get this way please stop by everyone would be glad to see you.  Tyler aged out last year and he's preforming with Pride of Cincinnati for a second year now. Tyler marched a total of six years in drum corps.  It still amazes me how all you guys and girls can do that activity day in and day out.  Your all amazing. Truly dedication.

I am also looking for a job, so I know what that's like.  Hopefully we'll both find one soon.  Take care of yourself  and good luck with the job hunting.

Diana Teran

Report Spam   Logged

Diana Teran
Capital Regiment Volunteer
2002 - present
Free Sig Smiley Courtesy of [url=http://www.FreeSmileys.org
Chris Moore
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:10:59 am »

Hey Jake.  I'm doing well.  I just graduated from WVU in December and am working with a marching band in Western MD, substitute teaching, giving sax lessons, and looking for that band job like yourself.  I'm also hopeful for a brass staff position with Teal Sound.  We shall see!  Did your knee heal up?  I didn't end up marching my age out in 2006.  Went to Bluecoats and was one of 15 to be offered a contract.  The bad part about that was that 13 of them were vets!  I headed down to Fort Mill to try out for the Cream Team but that wasn't for me.  So, I ended up teaching a jazz camp in Krakow, Poland instead of marching.  I think that decision was way better for my resume anyway.  I saw on usreap.net that there is a job opening in St. louis.  You know about that?  I don't want to relocate that far just yet.. you should check it out. 
Report Spam   Logged

Chris Moore
Cap Reg Mello 03-05
Director of Bands, Easton HS - Easton, MD
brassman888
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 09:32:45 am »

Hi Chris it is weird around here with school districts.  They say that they love hiring new teachers straight out of college, but it is very rare to find a school in this area that hires a new Music teacher without any full time teaching experience.  You have to move away from here, and then come back in town after you have taught for a few years.  I want to move and go for an out of town job, but I can't right now.  I just got engaged, and I know that she doesn't want to move away from the area.  She said that she will be willing to after we are married. So I have to look around here, and hope that something comes up.
Report Spam   Logged
Rick Bays
Director

Awards 2

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 12:45:03 am »

Hello Jake,

It's good to see you on the Forum.  It is strange not having your smiling face around. 

Have you found a possibility yet for a job that is opening up?  I do hope so as jobs are hard to find. 

Also, it's GREAT to hear you are engaged.  How cool is that.  When is the day?  I'm really happy for you on that.  Congrats to you.

Report Spam   Logged

Rick Bays
Director - Capital Regiment
Jami
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 07:39:20 pm »

I'm going to say hello as well.  I feel like I haven't been around here in ages.
I miss you guys.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Chris Moore
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 09:29:38 am »

Yeah, not much to say about cap reg right now... Congrats Jake!  Jami, it was good seeing you in Wildwood!
Report Spam   Logged

Chris Moore
Cap Reg Mello 03-05
Director of Bands, Easton HS - Easton, MD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Comments or Questions email webmaster@capitalregiment.org
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum