Photobucket Capital Regiment Homepage
The Official Capital Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps Forums
April 19, 2024, 12:12:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Store Classifieds Gallery Links Capital Regiment Website Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Audition Question

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audition Question  (Read 1260 times)
TrptFreek123
Rookie

Awards 0

« on: September 06, 2008, 12:48:17 pm »

I'm interested in trying out for Capital Regiment but I'm not sure. Last year I tried out for the Marion Cadets but because they the went inactive for a couple of years nobody knew about them and it went nowhere. I wanna know how sure you guys are that Capital Regiment will field a corps. I'm a big Capital fan but I dont want to try out for a corps that wont go anywhere.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Carld6420
Rookie

Awards 0

Program Coordinator

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 06:26:44 pm »

WE are VERY sure we are coming this year!!!

Carl Diefenbach
Capital Regiment
Program Coordinator
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:17:57 pm by Carld6420 » Report Spam   Logged

Carl Diefenbach
Program Coordinator
Blake13
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 09:32:53 pm »

sweet. i was wondering the same thing cuz of a few other corps having the same thing happen. who's picking the show and concept??? i have a feeling it's our program coordinator from my high school (Landstown High School)...  Huh? Huh? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

*Capital Regiment 2009 Baritone*
*Dominion Storm 2010 Snare*

LHS Marching Eagles
2008- Crime Wave
2009- Dreams
Rick Bays
Director

Awards 2

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 10:27:27 pm »

Hello TrptFreek123,

Thank you for the question.  It is a good one.  It is our expectation here that we will field a corps this year.  To do all the work that we have and all the work we are still doing in preparation for a return, just to not return, isn't something we are looking to do.  While some corps have found themselves in that position, it is certainly not the goal here at Capital Regiment.

We have made some changes here that will be specific to our return.  First, we have sold all our buses but one thus making a conscious decision to charter for 2009.  We have all of our equipment.  That includes uniforms, brass instruments, percussion, Pit, transportation equipment, everything.  All the decisions have been made with the intent of returning.

The Board here at Capital Regiment would not want to make a statement to return without full efforts to actually make that happen.  That is not the goal nor is that something we would want to retract.

Blake13, wanted to know who will be selecting the show.  The Design Team will be the guys that will be selecting the show.  That includes Carl Diefenbach, Jay Wardeska, Nick Golding and Tim Overturf.  We intend to add one more person to that list.  There are some ideas for a show and the concept behind it but nothing has been set in stone just yet.  It isn't the responsibility of one person, here at Capital Regiment, to determine what the show is.  That will be the efforts of the Design Team.

I hope I've answered your questions.  They are good ones to I hope they were answered.  If you have more, feel free to ask.

Report Spam   Logged

Rick Bays
Director - Capital Regiment
Carld6420
Rookie

Awards 0

Program Coordinator

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 07:27:23 pm »

Great job Rick... I'm terrible at writing!!..

Carl
Report Spam   Logged

Carl Diefenbach
Program Coordinator
Rich
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 09:43:10 pm »

I can't wait to get out there! It's going to be quite fun. And Mr. Diefenbach, if you find yourself not busy at any point....would you consider giving tuba lessons?
Report Spam   Logged
Blake13
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:59:22 pm »

I was wondering when the pit and battery audition downloads were going to be posted. Brass is up and I was hoping pit and battery would be up pretty soon!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

LHS Marching Eagles
2008- Crime Wave
2009- Dreams
Tim_Overturf
Capital Regiment Staff

Awards 0

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 10:29:01 pm »

This stuff should be up shortly.  We have everything ready and are just taking a final look.  Everything is pretty standard and I don't think anything should give anyone any trouble.  Just keep working on those left hands you'll be fine...

Tim Overturf
Report Spam   Logged
Blake13
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 07:17:50 pm »

Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged

LHS Marching Eagles
2008- Crime Wave
2009- Dreams
bowlinbeal08
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 01:29:34 am »

I also am very interested in trying out for the 2009 season. The only problem is that I bowl for my college and have a tournament the weekend of the auditions and we have exactly enough bowlers to have a team. I may be able to come up Friday night but it would be for maybe 2 or 3 hours and then I would have to leave again. Would it be a smart idea just to come audition and see what they tell me and come back in Dec. and audition again or should I just wait until the Dec. camp? My parents live in Dayton Ohio and i would gladly come up on an off weekend and talk to the crew and audition then if possible.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Comments or Questions email webmaster@capitalregiment.org
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum