Photobucket Capital Regiment Homepage
The Official Capital Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:27:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Store Classifieds Gallery Links Capital Regiment Website Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Bassline question

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bassline question  (Read 2197 times)
ChrisBaker
Rack
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 09:05:38 pm »

I love the Hybrid heads from Evans.  And how are those monoposto carries?
They feel really nice and without the j-bars the drum is closer to you which is nice and it better be sence I paid 275 bucks for it. lol
Report Spam   Logged
Novak
Bass is the place.
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 09:15:46 pm »

Do you practice with the snare on the harness or on a stand?
Report Spam   Logged

"Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead."
     -Aldous Huxley

Obviously the McCheese Flam Muffin Inverted Grandma Tap is the most essential of all rudiments....
Blake13
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 09:27:06 pm »

Yeah I have a black max on top and a evens hybrid bottom head and I got the new monoposto carrier for it. Those are so nice! lol

dude... you have everything i want
Report Spam   Logged

*Capital Regiment 2009 Baritone*
*Dominion Storm 2010 Snare*

LHS Marching Eagles
2008- Crime Wave
2009- Dreams
ChrisBaker
Rack
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 10:01:09 am »

I use the stand to work out parts and stuff like that then I use the harness to get the feel for the parts with the drum on and sometimes I track around my house to get the feel for that and how it all flows on the move.

dude... you have everything i want
when I bought it I said to myself..go big if your gonna do it..so I just bought everything I could ever need. lol So if your gonna get one of your own just go big with it and that day it all comes to your front door its like christmas!
Report Spam   Logged
Blake13
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 02:35:25 pm »

I use the stand to work out parts and stuff like that then I use the harness to get the feel for the parts with the drum on and sometimes I track around my house to get the feel for that and how it all flows on the move.
when I bought it I said to myself..go big if your gonna do it..so I just bought everything I could ever need. lol So if your gonna get one of your own just go big with it and that day it all comes to your front door its like christmas!

you have no idea.
now... if i had the money at the present time to purchase a Pearl snare, some good drumheads, and a monoposto carrier all together, i would do it right now!!!
Report Spam   Logged

LHS Marching Eagles
2008- Crime Wave
2009- Dreams
GChaffin
Rookie

Awards 0

Bass Tech

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 02:44:31 pm »

Wow!  Some of you having your own personal drum!  That's great!  I like how this thread got totally off topic!  LOL!  But that tends to happen in a lot of threads!  I saw that someone had attended one of the GMen enterTRAINment clinics!  Those were always a lot of fun to put on for the kids!  Chris definitely has the right idea by putting the stuff with his feet.  I used to just go to my old HS band room and put on a drum and track my stuff to make sure I was locked in.  It's also a great idea to video tape yourself *HINT HINT* Critique yourself and have yours peers check it out too.  You can fix a LOT of minor issues that you didn't even realize you had by doing so. Also, for you snare drummers if/when you video tape yourself...Wear a black t-shirt so you can check slice and stick heights.  Keep it up guys!
-G
Report Spam   Logged

"I succeed because I refuse to fail"
Blake13
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 02:59:35 pm »

no that you say that BassShark, i think i will. i use a mirror but playing through it at tempo you can't see it. i will have to try video taping myself play!!! my dad's the videographer and marching instructor for high school so i can get him to help me out with that! thanks a bunch!!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

LHS Marching Eagles
2008- Crime Wave
2009- Dreams
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Comments or Questions email webmaster@capitalregiment.org
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum