Photobucket Capital Regiment Homepage
The Official Capital Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:24:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Store Classifieds Gallery Links Capital Regiment Website Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DCI official announcement and schedule?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DCI official announcement and schedule?  (Read 715 times)
Bandgeek885
Contracted Sop
Rookie

Awards 0

« on: February 03, 2009, 03:49:05 pm »

Does anyone know when they are announcing us as a corp? I thought they had to do it before the end of January.
Report Spam   Logged

TRUMPETS ROCK!!!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Carld6420
Rookie

Awards 0

Program Coordinator

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:01:46 pm »

DCI will be sending a representative to the February Camp for our final evaluation. Once that is done we will have access to the schedule and you will know the deal!!

Lets keep recruiting and have a great turnout for the February Camp..

Carl
Report Spam   Logged

Carl Diefenbach
Program Coordinator
PJsDad
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 02:38:00 pm »

I was wondering the same thing.  My son is looking for a corps to try out for next year. He is marching another WGI corps this winter and he just couldnt afford the time to try out for a DCI corp this year, although he seems to be regetting not trying out, but thats another story.  CR is amoung the tops of my list due to location.  But everytime he goes on the DCI web site he never see's CR anywhere. A little press would help with attracting more/new people. Once he gets past this years WGI then he hopes thing will free up for him next season. But he's doing his homework now and is planning on seeing many corps in person this summer. Im hoping CR starts getting some attention and a bigger, newer following.
Report Spam   Logged

Peace Out
Rick Bays
Director

Awards 2

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 11:07:13 pm »

Hello PJsDad,

Thank you for the post and your interaction with us here on our Forums.  We are progressing through the evaluation process with DCI and things are moving along.  We are now on the DCI Web Site under the Open Class Division.  A press release on the DCI Web Site will be forthcoming about our return to active status.

I'm glad to hear that we are among a short list of your choice of corps.  Distance is always a consideration so I'm glad that becomes an attraction for you.  I hope your son sees some shows this year and will give us consideration for 2010.  Our Audition camp will be in November, the weekend before Thanksgiving.

If you have any other questions or comments, feel free to post them.  Thank you for participating in our discussions.

Report Spam   Logged

Rick Bays
Director - Capital Regiment
Michael Relko
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 01:31:19 pm »

I was wondering the same thing.  My son is looking for a corps to try out for next year. He is marching another WGI corps this winter and he just couldnt afford the time to try out for a DCI corp this year, although he seems to be regetting not trying out, but thats another story.  CR is amoung the tops of my list due to location.  But everytime he goes on the DCI web site he never see's CR anywhere. A little press would help with attracting more/new people. Once he gets past this years WGI then he hopes thing will free up for him next season. But he's doing his homework now and is planning on seeing many corps in person this summer. Im hoping CR starts getting some attention and a bigger, newer following.

I remember you.  Thanks for coming on over from DCP.  :-)
Report Spam   Logged

Michael Relko
Capital Regiment Trumpet 2009

Dublin Jerome Marching Band
2004 - Riverdance
2005 - Aaron Copland
2006 - Take a Chance
2007 - The Planets
PJsDad
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 02:06:41 pm »

I remember you.  Thanks for coming on over from DCP.  :-)

We where members here before we got onto DCP, Already have a few online friends from CR. On of your members has the same WGI drumline instructor that my son's group has.  But anyways, good to see the CR listed on DCI
It sure would be nice to see DCI do some kind of story or acticle on CR being re instated. Some good press never hurt anyone.
We hope to catch a few of your shows this summer. Cant wait til the schedule comes out.

Good luck to you and all the folks at Capital Regiment!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Peace Out
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Comments or Questions email webmaster@capitalregiment.org
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum