Photobucket Capital Regiment Homepage
The Official Capital Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:24:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Store Classifieds Gallery Links Capital Regiment Website Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Capital Regiment Drum Line 2010

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Capital Regiment Drum Line 2010  (Read 3370 times)
GChaffin
Rookie

Awards 0

Bass Tech

« on: October 26, 2009, 04:38:57 pm »

Just a topic starter for everyone interested in this year's program.
Report Spam   Logged

"I succeed because I refuse to fail"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

g2bratliff
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 05:06:14 pm »

Hi My Name Is Kyle Ratliff And I Will be Auditioning In November For Snare Line.  I Am Currently Attending Brooklyn High School And We Are Just Finishing Up Our Last game This Friday And I Hope To Make CR's Battery Because Drumline Is Honsetly One Of The Best Things That Has Ever Happened To me.  So I Look to Further My Skills With Capital Regiment.  Any Pointers Or Anything?
Report Spam   Logged
rhythmpolice
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 05:57:55 pm »

Whats up guys,

I auditioned last year, hair was atleast a good 4 or 5 inches longer than it is now haha. I'm am a freshman at Ohio University now and am on the snare line there. We have a game during the first camp so I won't be able to make the first camp. I will be there in December and I'm hoping for a spot on the battery this year. Hope to see everyone then!
Report Spam   Logged

once you think you're good enough...
try harder
Conor M. Devins
'09 Synth
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 02:17:11 pm »

Cello everyone.

I'm Conor, as you might be able to infer.  Last year in Capital Regiment I played the Yamaha MO8 88-Key Music Production Synthesizer.  I was probably too good at that to ever have any hope of playing anything else in this drum corps, but I'm auditioning for snare again this year anyway.  So is Chris Baker I think.  So have fun.

Okay bye.
Report Spam   Logged

Cody no!!!
CRP09
GChaffin
Rookie

Awards 0

Bass Tech

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 02:41:28 pm »

Conor may just be a musical genius! Always dug the songs you picked up on the fly.  Very entertaining during down time!!  Cant wait to see ya again man!
Report Spam   Logged

Conor M. Devins
'09 Synth
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 03:06:14 pm »

Haha, thanks George.  I miss you too buddy.
Report Spam   Logged

Cody no!!!
CRP09
Novak
Bass is the place.
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 09:50:58 pm »

Yo, I'm Andrew Novak.  I was at the first two camps last year and plan on auditioning again on bass.  I can't wait to see all you guys again.
Report Spam   Logged

"Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead."
     -Aldous Huxley

Obviously the McCheese Flam Muffin Inverted Grandma Tap is the most essential of all rudiments....
drewsef
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 04:42:17 pm »

Hi, I'm planning on attending the November camp in a few weeks, but I have a few questions.

Is the audition group or individual? And will there be any marching involved, or is it all musical?

Is it possible to try out for more than one instrument (e.g. snare and bass) at the camp?

Are there any specific sticks that should I should bring?

How soon will one know whether or not they have been accepted into the corp? Is it by the end of the first camp, or later?

Thanks for your help, I look forward to meeting all of you and playing together!
Report Spam   Logged
Blake13
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 06:24:50 pm »

Marched baritone in 09.

I'll be coming back for snare again this year to tryout
Report Spam   Logged

*Capital Regiment 2009 Baritone*
*Dominion Storm 2010 Snare*

LHS Marching Eagles
2008- Crime Wave
2009- Dreams
Daniel D.
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 06:52:48 pm »

Hi, my name is Daniel Del Moro, i play snare in the Halls High School Drumline, i will be going to the November camp auditioning for snare.
Report Spam   Logged
GChaffin
Rookie

Awards 0

Bass Tech

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 08:59:55 pm »

Hi, I'm planning on attending the November camp in a few weeks, but I have a few questions.

Is the audition group or individual? And will there be any marching involved, or is it all musical?

Is it possible to try out for more than one instrument (e.g. snare and bass) at the camp?

Are there any specific sticks that should I should bring?

How soon will one know whether or not they have been accepted into the corp? Is it by the end of the first camp, or later?

Thanks for your help, I look forward to meeting all of you and playing together!

1. The audition process is in a group setting for the majority of the time.  If it comes down to it and we need to see some people individually, then we will do some individual auditioning. (This usually comes at a later time.)

2. Bring a matching pair of sticks. A pair that YOU feel good and comfortable with.  We will be using the ProMark DC-11 for the summer tour.

3.  It really depends on numbers and talent level when determining when people know if they are to become a member of Capital Regiment.  We like to set the line as quick as possible though.

4. I'm sure we will have a small taste at some of the visual/marching aspect.  The visual program really starts to kick in when the weather gets warmer.

I recommend those auditioning to PERSONALLY evaluate YOUR performance.  Be understanding of where you stand.  Know your weaknesses and strengths.  If you feel that you will not make your "First Choice" instrument, try another.  Even if you don't have much experience. Knowledge is golden and it's always great to learn! If you see that you are "in the mix" for a spot, refine everything you learned at camp.

A story for those who care. lol
My first summer marching...After the first camp, I was in group 3. (the weakest group).  I really REALLY wanted to march, so I busted my butt between camps.  Long story short...I got my contract the 2nd camp and I was the first non-returning member to receive a contract. So the point of my short story..Don't give up on yourself and focus on what the staff is looking for.

I hope that these things have helped.  Feel free to ask away and what not.  Best of Luck to everyone!!!

-G
Report Spam   Logged

drewsef
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 09:06:45 pm »

Thank you very much for all your help! I wasnt expecting answers so soon, I appreciate that a lot. I'm really excited for the camp and I can't wait to audition.
Report Spam   Logged
BIGbEAST44
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 07:40:18 am »

Hello, my name is Trevor King, and I am from Ripley High School in Ripley, WV.  I am auditioning for the tenor line. 
Report Spam   Logged

Ripley High School Marching Band:

2006:  Tribute to New Orleans (or what's left of it)
2007:  Chicago (not the band)
2008:  Beatle's Magical Mystery Tour (epic win)
2009:  Grease is the Word (just a normal win lol)
PJsDad
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 11:32:48 pm »

Still up in the air about trying out for snare???
Report Spam   Logged

Peace Out
g2bratliff
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 02:06:45 pm »

Hi i Was Just Wondering But What Type Of Snare Does CR Use? And Also Good Luck With Everyone Who Is Auditioning On Snare.......This Is Going To Be A Challenge For me. Looking forward To The Camp This Month Cant Wait haha Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Comments or Questions email webmaster@capitalregiment.org
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum