Photobucket Capital Regiment Homepage
The Official Capital Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps Forums
April 18, 2024, 02:58:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Store Classifieds Gallery Links Capital Regiment Website Staff List Calendar Login Register  

To the hornline...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To the hornline...  (Read 446 times)
futurebc
Rookie

Awards 0

« on: December 12, 2009, 11:04:20 pm »

I just want to say I'm sorry, If you woke up on Saturday and I wasnt there, I threw up and had to leave. The worst happened, I caught a fever halfway through camp.

Why did this happen now?

Anyway, Even though I live 3 hours away, my short stay at Capital felt like I was with family. Especially when I met a few people within 30 minutes of camp.

Well, right now I'm trying ANYTHING I can do to audition. I'm trying everything from making a audio recording of my playing to speeding to January camp half a day late right after my orchestra's concert.

I love this corps, I was literally bawling when I figured out what I just left. If I can't join you guys, I hope you have a great season and I'll be following you guys all the way through.

By the way, I was the trumpet player wearing the Ohio State jersey.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wst3593
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 12:05:15 am »

I couldn't make it because of a required indoor practice. I think it'll work out if we show up for January, from what the Vets told me. I can't get a hold of the staff to confirm it's okay, but I doubt it'll hurt our chances THAT much.

Things happen. Don't worry TOO much about it.
Report Spam   Logged
FUSE
09 Vet
Private

Awards 0

Tubist and all around corpshead.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 08:16:46 pm »

Guys, it's ok, spots were not given to the hornline this camp. Just work your butts off an get ready for January and you"ll be fine.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"Marching Contra is addictive. It hurts sooo bad, but you look SOOOO COOL when you do it."

Saint Albans High School Red Dragon Band.
2004 Gladiator
2005 Pandora's Box
2006 Medusa
2007 Midnight in Transylvania

Capital Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps
2009 The Storm
Lil Bari
'09 Bari Vet
Rookie

Awards 0

I will get my hat, Brent Schooley.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:44:51 am »

Being ill is no reason to be cut!  You had a great attitude and put in the effort, so just come back in January and you'll get the same welcome you got this came.  We appreciate all the rookies for making Capital their choice of Drum Corps.  We won't turn you away if you show us you can work!
December camp went amazingly smooth, and we expect the same for January.  Practice, get in contact with the staff if you haven't just to let them know your situation!
We're glad you enjoyed your experience.  That's what all the vets were working for!  Because when us old folk age out, we need the right people to take care of the corps!

Alyssa
Report Spam   Logged

Granby High 2003-2007
Memphis Sound Drum and Bugle Corps 2008
Old Dominion University Marching Monarchs 2008
Capital Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps 2009

"Water is a crutch, just like food and sleep." - Kenneth Thompson
Blake13
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 02:43:22 pm »

I couldn't make it because of a required indoor practice. I think it'll work out if we show up for January, from what the Vets told me. I can't get a hold of the staff to confirm it's okay, but I doubt it'll hurt our chances THAT much.

Things happen. Don't worry TOO much about it.

Drum staff called back 13 ppl for snare. So if you come in January the top 13 from this weekend will be there. I think it was 13, I wasn't one though. Maybe next year...
Report Spam   Logged

*Capital Regiment 2009 Baritone*
*Dominion Storm 2010 Snare*

LHS Marching Eagles
2008- Crime Wave
2009- Dreams
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Comments or Questions email webmaster@capitalregiment.org
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum