Photobucket Capital Regiment Homepage
The Official Capital Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:11:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Store Classifieds Gallery Links Capital Regiment Website Staff List Calendar Login Register  

January Checklist (for hornline)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Checklist (for hornline)  (Read 1147 times)
Lil Bari
'09 Bari Vet
Rookie

Awards 0

I will get my hat, Brent Schooley.

« on: December 14, 2009, 11:01:39 am »

Hey everyone!  Just to get some technical stuff out of the way, we need to make sure you get together the supplies you need for January.  There was a list posted before camp in a previous thread, but it may have gotten overlooked by potential members, so here are some basic necessities!

Everyone did a great job with athletic apparel!  January will still be very cold, and there is always potential for snow, so make sure you dress warm.  We don't know how the housing site will next camp (since Rick said we shouldn't be at Walnut Ridge again) so for all we know the entire building could be freezing or blistering hot.  Be prepared for whichever.
It's important for everyone using a Capital Horn to bring in a black towel.  Just a regular sized black dish towel from target or WallyWorld will work for non-contras.  I believe contras had regular sized shower towels for theirs.  Fuse can clarify.
Everyone needs a water bottle!  It waste time having the entire horn line running back and forth to the water fountain.  Since it's camp and we aren't doing major conditioning outside, a half gallon cooler will do just fine.  Just have something to hold your water and keep near you in the horn arc.
Pencils!  We got music this camp, and although we didn't make changes to it you still need to have a pencil handy if the staff decides to alter parts.  Bring a couple because they can tend to vanish as we move from place to place.
That's all I can remember from this past camp that we need to remember for January.  Everyone did a great job being prepared and working efficiently!  REMEMBER TO RSVP!  If we don't have the correct numbers then the staff won't know how many people they'll have to feed or how many people they'll be housing.  Even if you will not be at camp, we need to know this!  One thing you always have to take responsibility for is letting the staff know where you are!

If I left anything off that anyone feels is absolutely crucial, feel free to add.  These were just the main things I know we lacked for the December Camp!
I'm posting this early because if you're like me and living from paycheck to paycheck, you need time to gather up these things.  If you can't manage something, let someone know!  I have a couple extra of most of these, and I'm more than willing to lend a hand!

If you ever need to get in contact my email is in my profile, and my cell number is on Facebook.  Never hesitate to get in touch!

Alyssa Tyree
Baritone
Report Spam   Logged

Granby High 2003-2007
Memphis Sound Drum and Bugle Corps 2008
Old Dominion University Marching Monarchs 2008
Capital Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps 2009

"Water is a crutch, just like food and sleep." - Kenneth Thompson

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

FUSE
09 Vet
Private

Awards 0

Tubist and all around corpshead.

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 12:49:20 pm »

The only things I can add to what Alyssa said are that contras do need a full size shower towel for our horns, cuz that's how we roll, lol.

This next part is very important, and I don't know if anyone mentioned it this weekend. As you may or may not have noticed one Sunday, several of the vets were wearing black pants/shorts and a royal blue t-shirt/long sleeved shirt. This is standard attire for Sundays at camp so that we can look like an organized unit. Please have black shorts/sweatpants and a royal blue (it's the blue on the uniform) shirt to wear for next camp for show and tell.  Grin

Also, while a half gallon water cooler will be fine for camps, you may want to go ahead and invest in a gallon cooler, as this is the minimum size you can have for the summer. A gallon may seem like a lot of water to have to haul around, but I was filling and drinking mine 3 to 4 times PER DAY this summer. You'll need the whole gallon, trust me. Afro

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:52:07 pm by FUSE » Report Spam   Logged

"Marching Contra is addictive. It hurts sooo bad, but you look SOOOO COOL when you do it."

Saint Albans High School Red Dragon Band.
2004 Gladiator
2005 Pandora's Box
2006 Medusa
2007 Midnight in Transylvania

Capital Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps
2009 The Storm
FUSE
09 Vet
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 05:03:06 pm »

point taken, but the staff still prefers you to have a gallon. Plus, if you remember Dublin, we all needed more than a gallon that day.
Report Spam   Logged

"Marching Contra is addictive. It hurts sooo bad, but you look SOOOO COOL when you do it."

2004 Gladiator
2005 Pandora's Box
2006 Medusa

2009 The Storm
Liz Galloway
colorguard
Rookie

Awards 0

Colorguard

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 05:30:52 pm »

It was SOOOOO hot there!
Report Spam   Logged
et_hd_rider
Proud Cap Reg Mom/Volunteer
Cap Reg Volunteer

Awards 0

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 06:26:53 pm »

It was very hot there...but remember Mamma Surratt brought you freezer pops that day to cool you off!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Rhonda Surratt              

One of your friendly food truck Volunteers 05-06 and beyond
Proud parent of
Jon 04-05 Baritone (05 age out) 06 Tour Assistant
Jenn 05,06,09 Trumpet
FUSE
09 Vet
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 09:31:06 pm »

oh yeah!!!!!  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

2004 Gladiator
2005 Pandora's Box
2006 Medusa

2009 The Storm
AshlandAPhi12
Colorguard '09
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 09:46:32 pm »

my half-gallon always worked well enough...when i remembered to refill it  Afro Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

We are passion, we are pride, we are excellence..we are Capital Regiment!!!

Capital Regiment
9'09 Guard Vet
Lil Bari
'09 Bari Vet
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 11:53:22 pm »

Oh mighty, beautiful, AMAZING Rhonda!  How I shower you with love and affection for the most amazing Drum Corps gift of all: Freezer pops.

Embarrassed  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

Granby High 2003-2007

lance
hmm...
Rookie

Awards 0

:)

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 09:45:43 am »

Your friendly "go getters" forgot to mention binders with sheet protectors lol. Also, it would be wise to wear athletic gloves for all instrument types.

I'll be at the January camp just fyi.

Hi Will!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

'08 Memphis Sound-Contra
'09 Capital Regiment-Contra
lmack009
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 03:33:58 pm »

I would just like to thank all the probees for coming out to the camp this weekend. If any of you want to know more about anything dealing with the corps as far as tour or practice schedule don't hesitate to ask me, alyssa, lance, fuse or any of the other vets you met this weekend. We are all really excited about the turn out and glad that you were interested in the corps. Some tips to make the corps stronger as a whole include conditioning. Try to hold your horn for a few minutes a day without breaking to get use to the weight and overall feeling of the horn in the different carrying positions we learned this weekend. Practice step offs, mark times, and snapping to the different attention positions. If you commit to doing these activites between each camp it will make you stronger thereby making the corps stronger.
     After marching with capital last year I can honestly say that it is a program based on excellence and success but thrives on family. The relationships that I created over the summer are ones that I won't soon forget.
     With that said I am excited about the show, the staff, and all the things that we stand to accomplish over the summer. With that I would like to welcome all of you to Capital Regiment.
Report Spam   Logged
gcrvizh09
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 05:58:24 pm »

all good stuff being said.. a good size binder (not 1/2 inch) to hold a ton of drill and music WITH plastic sheet protectors, yes... however if you try to be an over achiever and get the no-glare kind, there's a good chance it will melt to your pages during the summer. and PLEASE go for a 1 gallon or bigger jug... over achievers are welcome in this area...

HI LANCE!!!!!!!

will
Report Spam   Logged

contrabasses, transform and roll out!
Liz Galloway
colorguard
Rookie

Awards 0

Colorguard

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 01:48:03 am »

It was very hot there...but remember Mamma Surratt brought you freezer pops that day to cool you off!!!!
Soooo amazing!
I'm pretty sure this was the beginning of my daily breakdowns too. Lol! I cried in front of Spud's kid underneath the bleachers. He was so cute and cheered me up! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Lil Bari
'09 Bari Vet
Rookie

Awards 0

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 09:28:44 am »

Oh yeah that kid was ADORABLE!  lol  I wonder which of these places will be hell for us this summer...
Report Spam   Logged

Granby High 2003-2007

FUSE
09 Vet
Private

Awards 0

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 02:37:12 pm »

HI LANCE!!!!!!!

Fine will, don't say hi.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

2004 Gladiator
2005 Pandora's Box
2006 Medusa

2009 The Storm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Comments or Questions email webmaster@capitalregiment.org
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum