Photobucket Capital Regiment Homepage
The Official Capital Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps Forums
April 19, 2024, 10:45:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Store Classifieds Gallery Links Capital Regiment Website Staff List Calendar Login Register  

capital regiment

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: capital regiment  (Read 440 times)
*Faith*
Rookie

Awards 0

« on: December 21, 2009, 09:13:39 pm »

**tried tagging everyone.. this is easier!**

I sit here looking back at this summer and tears automatically come to my eyes. Memories of Dalton dropping me, Scot with his green purse saying “I need a smoky treat!”, and so much more are topics I will never stop talking about. Capital Regiment was not only a drum corp to me; it was home. It was a place that I never wanted to leave and I felt so comfortable there. Everyone accepted who you were and you could just be yourself. There was always someone to talk to and laughs were never too far away. I, however, decided not to return this year due to it being my age-out year. I felt guilty typing my information out to a different corp. I went to auditions, hoping to see Rick helping out with the food line or the staff sitting in a circle eating. But, knowing I only had one year left, I had to make a change.
     As I read the note from Rick, it breaks my heart knowing that capital regiment won't be coming out next year. I’m sure it was a tough decision for Rick and is probably feeling worst than we all do now. If it wasn’t for Rick, the staff, or the volunteers working so hard, I know that this summer wouldn’t have been like it was.
Scot told us something all through the summer that has stuck with me. He told us drum corp will change your life. When he said that, it didn’t make sense to me. I kept thinking when? But it makes sense now. I have met and marched next to the most incredible people. I don’t call them friends, they’re family. I’ve been and seen things that I never that I would see in my life. And I’m sure the opportunities won’t stop there. It was definitely a great experience.
   I will never stop respecting Rick, the staff members, and the volunteers. I think very highly of each and everyone of them. I also keep every 2009 member close to my heart. I love each and everyone one of you!! Thanks for the great memories!!  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Comments or Questions email webmaster@capitalregiment.org
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum